Director of Advancement & Alumnae RelationsCompany: La Pietra - Hawaii School for Girls
Date Posted: September 7, 2017
General Qualifications/Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree in related field; 3-5 years in non-profit fundraising or equivalent combination of education and experience. Proven track record in major gift stewardship and grant writing. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously; excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills, including impeccable writing and excellent customer service. Must respect confidentiality; work efficiently and accurately; be a team player. Detail orientation, good judgment and discretion. Fluency with office software applications including spreadsheets, mail merges, and databases to manage donor records. Support school policies, practices, and standards. Valid driver’s license. Affiliation with and/or previous work in an independent school setting may be an advantage.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- In collaboration with Head of School, administration, and Advancement committee of Board of Trustees, provides leadership, analysis, goal- and priority-setting, and strategic planning for the institution’s advancement efforts.
- Develops and executes a program designed to attract maximum gift support, including annual fund solicitation; planned giving programs; corporate and foundation proposals as well as follow-up and planning for major capital gifts.
- Develop a program of research into and an action plan for solicitation of the school’s key prospects
- Identify and submit applications for grants suited to the institution’s advancement goals
- Plan and execute Annual Fund campaign
- Plan and execute fundraising events, including flagship events Sunset Jazz and HOOPLA.
- Serve as liaison to Advancement Committee of the Board
- Oversee processing of all gift income for the purpose of providing receipts and thank-you letters, and the maintenance of donor records in a timely manner
- Create press release content for distribution
- Generate content for various media such as school magazine, social media and newsletters, annual report to cultivate internal and external awareness of the school
- Develop and maintain an advancement infrastructure that meets the needs of the institution and donors.
- Develop and implement technology-based efficiencies in fundraising process such as mobile giving.
- Report on and evaluate the overall fundraising program
- Develop a variety of ways to communicate with alumnae, including internet-based media
- Plan, organize and implement alumnae receptions, reunions and other special events
- Work with the Communications Coordinator regarding alumnae publications
- Research and profile the lives of alumnae
- Maintain and expand the class representative program
- Develop an Alumnae Association
- Serve as liaison between alumnae and school
- Arrange for publicity at alumnae events
- Event Coordination: Organize, facilitate, manage, and follow-up for the following on behalf of the School, including but not limited to: Admissions-Related Events; School Events; Special Public Events; and Parent Faculty Association (PFA) Events. Assist with the logistical setup of events. Solicit and coordinate volunteer efforts to execute school’s advancement events successfully.
- Publications: Produce school’s annual report, including writing copy and reviewing content for accuracy. Create written content and produce two editions of the school magazine yearly with the Communications Coordinator. Produce content for regularly-scheduled parent email newsletter
- Other duties as assigned
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Interested applicants should complete an employment application from the school's website www.lapietra.edu and send it with a current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to 2933 Poni Moi Road, Honolulu, HI 96815.