Director of DevelopmentCompany: Sacred Hearts Academy
Date Posted: April 5, 2018
Sacred Hearts Academy is seeking a self-motivated leader to join the school as its Director of Development. The Director position oversees a staff of 4 individuals and provides strategy, vision, and full execution to every campaign, event and grant. The position reports directly to the Head of School and works closely with the Board of Directors. Funds are raised through capital campaigns, grants, special events, appeals, restricted scholarships and annual giving. The Director is responsible for managing the entire flow of the Development, Alumnae Affairs, Communications and Special Programs offices and for writing grants and fully executing all events and cultivation and solicitation meetings.
Job Specific Goals
- Manage day to day work streams of personnel in Development, Alumnae Affairs, Communications and Special Programs offices to ensure work flows are efficient and productive and consistent.
- Write, submit and report grant funding for all Academy projects receiving grant funding. Specific emphasis this year on the Design and Innovation Lab project for $200,000 and the Lower School Playground for $100,000.
- Manage the entire overview of the Academy Uncorked Fundraiser for September with a net goal of $100,000 with various volunteer, staff and logistical tasks.
- Manage the use and upgrades to the Raiser’s Edge database system, ensuring funds are used for consultants and that data is up to date.
- Oversee the Annual Giving Campaigns for all faculty and staff and parents through appeals and campaign weeks.
- Manage and execute all facets of the Girls Got Grit Mentorship Program coordinating student internships and donor relations.
- Secure and steward donors for the Science and STEM Symposium for Girls events
- Develop and execute a strong Planned Giving approach and materials for existing donors
- Manage the Academy’s communications through annual giving appeals, Academy magazine, webpage and other printed and mailed letters and materials.
- A people person, with a strong ability to interact with key donors, board directors, staff and volunteers across the community.
- Proven track record of success in fundraising via various avenues: grant writing, events, campaigns, major gifts and planned gifts.
- Effectively manage a staff and budget within the Development Department.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills; the job requires a great deal of formal presentations, key phone calls and meetings, e-mails, letters and scheduling.
- Ability to balance multiple tasks and manage across various offices to complete tasks.
- Experience in influencing and motivating individuals to dedicate time and volunteerism to complete tasks.
- Creative and innovative outlook to improve existing campaigns, events and grants for continued increase in revenue.
- Experience utilizing Raiser’s Edge database systems (or similar donor databases) for daily use strategic report building for future data.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-5 years of development and management experience
- Availability and flexibility to work extended and planned hours on evenings and weekends
- Strong project and relationship management experience
Please submit a resume and cover letter by April 20 to: email@example.com.