Fund Development ManagerCompany: Palolo Chinese Home
Date Posted: May 10, 2018
Job Summary: This position is responsible for working with the CEO for planning and coordinating all aspects of fund development and public relations for Palolo Chinese Home. Provide leadership on all fundraising initiatives including special events, major gifts, planned giving, sponsorships, donor cultivation and grant writing.
FLSA status: Exempt
1. Develop and implement a comprehensive written annual resource development plan with strategies for donors and prospects in each constituent group including: individuals, faith groups, organizations, corporations, etc. to be approved by the CEO.
2. Provide monthly reports to the CEO which measure progress towards achieving the plan.
3. Developing approaches such as planned giving, solicitation of bequests, and endowment programs. Grant requests and administration.
4. Assist CEO and Administrator with researching and writing grants.
5. Provide timely reporting and ensure compliance as required by grant award documentation.
6. Administer draw requests for any funding source which operates through a "draw down" or reimbursement process.
7. Gifts Cultivation –
a. Create and implement strategies for donor development and cultivation which will provide a diverse and sustainable funding base for PCH.
b. Keep up-to-date on current fundraising programs, practices and procedures used in the nonprofit sector and inform the affiliate leadership of items that would benefit PCH.
c. Create and implement major gifts program, planned giving program, and volunteer giving program.
d. Identify and pursue new sources of corporate and foundation funding.
e. Build and maintain relationships with major donors of all types, develop strategies for solicitation, and solicit or coordinate the solicitation by other affiliate staff, board or volunteers, as appropriate.
f. Create and update collateral materials to support gift cultivation.
8. Develop and implement all aspects of direct donor mailings, appeal letters, and other donor mailings as needed.
9. Ensure that the donor database information is current and accurate.
10. Manage all PCH events.
a. Promote events to the business community as a way to support PCH and provide support to those groups that want to host an event.
b. Work with appropriate staff and volunteers to ensure that all aspects of a successful event are coordinated towards a common goal.
c. Develop and solicit sponsors for events as needed. Public Relations and Marketing.
11. Write press releases and media alerts.
12. Develop and maintain media contacts with area media outlets.
13. Oversee and direct all media relations, social media communication, media production and general branding of the affiliate and all its programs.
14. Create marketing materials for PCH.
15. Build and sustain working relationships and communication with community associations; business leaders; lenders; grant funders; faith-based organizations and churches; school administrators, schools, universities and youth groups; and other institutions.
16. Maintains current knowledge/practice of proper infections control and safety procedures.
17. Treats with confidentiality all information obtained; knowledgeable of all practices and policies concerning confidentiality of information.
18. Maintains current physical examination and TB clearance per regulation.
19. Attends any mandatory training and In-Services.
20. Performs other duties as assigned or required
Education/Training: B.A./B.S. preferred with an emphasis or concentration in business, marketing, public relations or related field
Experience: 2 to 5 years professional development and fund raising experience required
- Advanced PC skills and expert proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Donor database experience desirable).
- Desire to work as part of a team and willingness to promote the principles and views of PCH.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision – self-motivated & confident
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work well with people from all backgrounds with varying degrees of experience.
- Ability to inspire, train, motivate, challenge, and supervise volunteers.
- Confident public speaking and able to express ideas verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English to facilitate proper communication with others
- Demonstrates autonomy, organization, assertiveness, flexibility and cooperation in performing job responsibilities
Work area: well-lighted, air-conditioned work unit
Equipment: Ability to operate various types of office equipment, such as computer terminals, fax machines, copiers, calculators, telephones, etc.
Work Hours: Generally Monday – Fridays, 8:00am – 4:30pm May be asked to work other than above shifts as resident care requires. May be asked to provide weekend rotations for emergencies and to cover staffing as needed.
Mental Demands: Requires providing professional level of services. Also requires a sincere desire to work with the aged and those with limited capacity for self care. Subject to frequent interruptions. Exposed to infections, odors, and peculiarities in the behavior of aged residents.
Physical Demands: Requires frequent walking, standing and sitting during the work day.
Communication Demands: Requires communicating with all levels of staff, residents, visitors, community leaders, Board of Director, etc.
If you are interested in joining our team as the Fund Development Manager, please send your resume to: Lkagihara@palolohome.org.
The above information on the job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this classification. It is not to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory, or all duties, responsibilities, and qualification of the employees assigned to this job. Management has the right to add to, revise, or delete information in this description. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.