Stewardship CoordinatorCompany: 'Iolani School
Date Posted: August 4, 2017
As 'Iolani School embarks on a comprehensive initiative to expand the campus and achieve the objectives of its strategic plan, the 'Iolani Advancement Office is seeking a Constituent Relations Coordinator to assist in communications and engagement while helping to support the continued growth in contributions to 'Iolani School and its mission.
· Works under the supervision of the Director of the Annual Fund to support the planning and implementation of programs that express gratitude to donors, deepen connections to 'Iolani School and encourage continued philanthropic support.
· Stewards existing relationships to enhance donor retention
· Cultivates new relationships to strengthen the Advancement Office's ability to generate the resources needed for 'Iolani to fulfill its mission.
· Assists in the implementation and support of a highly personalized communication process that includes integration of web, social media, email and print communication to current supporters, the alumni community, prospective donors and other constituencies.
· Possess exceptional attention to detail and time management skills.
· Ensure donors feel appreciated and informed about the impact of their gift.
· Also works closely with the Executive Director of Advancement on other projects and administrative functions in support of the Advancement Office operations as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Develop, implement and lead broad-based stewardship and communications plans and programs that strategically engage constituents at all levels.
· In partnership with the Directors of the Annual Fund, Legacy Giving and Individual Giving, design and execute initiatives and programs to communicate appreciation and impact to donors, increase donor retention and re-engage lapsed donors.
· Provide exceptional customer service and timely responses to any inquiries while serving as a primary contact about a wide range of Advancement topics, including personal giving, 'Io Society and other recognition programs.
· Assist with content creation for an Annual Report of Giving.
· Evaluate and enhance the acknowledgement process for donations to ensure timely and meaningful expressions of gratitude to supporters and donors.
· Where necessary, assist in the development and operation of donor recognition groups or clubs.
· Provide direction and oversight of donor recognition events as needed.
· Provide ideas for innovative, unique and personalized donor relations/stewardship communications and experiences.
· Plan and execute complex administrative assignments and special projects at the direction of the Executive Director of Advancement.
· Travel nationally and internationally as needed.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
· Advanced interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to quickly build meaningful relationships with a diverse group of people.
· Ability to work well under pressure and multi-task.
· A strong team player but also a demonstrated ability to work independently and make informed decisions.
· A strong desire to exceed expectations in all donor interactions with an emphasis on providing excellent customer service.
· Project management expertise
· Database experience, Raiser’s Edge preferred
· Creativity, flexibility and a dedication to process improvement
· Prior knowledge of donor engagement and stewardship best practices a plus
· Ability to apply sound judgment in all situations as well as excellent organizational skills with a meticulous attention to detail.
· Possess a high level of energy and initiative
· Bachelor's degree
· Two to five years experience working in Advancement, Communications, or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.