Individual Giving OfficerCompany: 'Iolani School
Date Posted: August 4, 2017
As 'Iolani School embarks on a comprehensive initiative to expand the campus and fulfill its strategic plan, the 'Iolani Advancement Office is seeking to add an Individual Giving Officer to its team to join in taking 'Iolani School's development program to the next level and be an integral fundraiser for the school's annual needs as well as its multi-million dollar comprehensive campaign.
INDIVIDUAL GIVING OFFICER
- Identifies, qualifies, cultivates, solicits and stewards a portfolio of 100-125 prospective and current donors, utilizing Raiser's Edge and other tools as appropriate.
- Solicits gifts at a major gift level in support of the campus expansion and annual fundraising.
- Ensures achievement of realistic moves management goals, including metrics such as visits, asks, gift closures and upgrading.
- Must be a highly motivated, approachable professional with a track record of building donor relationships and closing gifts in the five and six-figure dollar range.
- Reports to the Executive Director of Advancement and works collaboratively and strategically with colleagues, other professionals, volunteers, alumni and community leaders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Cultivate, solicit and steward a portfolio of high-level donors and prospects.
- Focus on securing support for a wide range of school needs including; campus expansion, unrestricted and restricted funds for operations, endowed scholarships, endowed chairs, programmatic support and others.
- Travel nationally and internationally as appropriate to manage portfolio.
- Adhere to the highest ethical standards; demonstrate a good sense of humor, an empathetic disposition, and excellent perseverance; reflect optimistic and positive attitude, and demonstrate sensitivity to the needs and wishes of donors.
- Represent 'Iolani School at select community activities and events, participate in school-related events as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director of Advancement
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to solicit major gifts from individuals.
- A passion for helping 'Iolani School, communicating its mission and inspiring others.
- Proven track record of success in achieving goals and fundraising metrics.
- Knowledge of development/fundraising concepts and techniques.
- Knowledge of gift planning and procedures.
- Ability to prioritize work and to manage time.
- Superior interpersonal/human relations skills.
- A high level of positive energy and initiative.
- Effective writing skills.
- Effective listening and communications skills to build relationships with individuals as well as small and large groups.
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with donors, volunteers, and development staff.
- Self-starter; ability to work independently.
- Proficiency with relationship database software (The Raiser's Edge preferred).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs.
- Valid driver's license.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Five to seven years successful experience in major gift fundraising or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience.