Grants & Development ManagerCompany: Life Foundation/CHOW Project
Date Posted: March 6, 2018
Position Title: Grants and Development Manager
Employer: The Life Foundation is a comprehensive AIDS organization, offering HIV prevention activities and services for HIV positive people in Hawaii and the Pacific region. The Life Foundation is the oldest and largest AIDS program in the state. The CHOW Project is dedicated to serving individuals, families and communities adversely affected by drug use, especially people who inject drugs, through a participant-centered harm reduction approach. The two organizations are in the process of merging into one new organization, the name of which will be announced in April.
Supervisor: Executive Director
Supervises: Events coordinator, out-sourced grant writers, fundraising consultants and development related volunteers.
Position Classification: Management. Salaried - Exempt.
Availability: The position will remain open until filled. Life Foundation reserves the right to close this hiring process at any time without further notice.
2. Purpose of the Position
The primary goal of the Grants and Development Manager is to obtain, increase and maintain support for the programs of Life Foundation/CHOW Project. The person in this position is responsible for the day-to-day activities of the Life Foundation/CHOW Project as they relate to all aspects of fundraising, fund development, development planning, cultivating donor relationships and other efforts that have as their principal purpose the financial sustainability of the organization in order to fulfill its mission.
3. Principal Responsibilities
• Determine the current and future needs of the Life Foundation/CHOW Project for financial and in-kind support from sources other than government or private contracts.
• Develop and implement an annual plan to secure the needed support. This plan, which will become an exhibit to the annual operating budget and strategic plan of the organization should address the issues of annual giving, major gifts, grant seeking, fundraising events and estate planning.
• Coordinate and oversee all fundraising events, whether internally or externally produced, to ensure that the events are conducted as efficiently and productively as possible and that they are consistent with the organization’s mission.
• Develop and maintain a database of all information that is relevant to the responsibilities of the position including information about donors, corporate giving programs, grant-making foundations, helpful contacts and the results of all fundraising efforts.
• Develop and maintain corporate/business/organization contacts that will be beneficial to Life Foundation/CHOW Project development in the form of financial support, event sponsorship, in-kind donations and advocacy with other potential funders.
• Facilitate effective and prompt acknowledgement of all support.
• Work with current donors to maintain giving levels and develop donor prospect list to bring new supporters into the organization.
• Coordinate annual appeal letters and online fundraising campaigns.
• 2-5 years of demonstrated experience and ability relevant to the responsibilities of the position. Show us that you have done this work successfully at one or more other organizations.
• Strong verbal and written communications skills. Representative samples of your work will be appreciated.
• Demonstrated ability to work productively as part of a team.
• Event planning experience a plus.
• Proven ability to raise funds and resources for a non-profit organization.
• Ability to work well and thrive professionally in an atmosphere of significant diversity.
• Willingness to work for a nonprofit organization.
• Commitment to the vision of Life Foundation and the CHOW Project.
Applicants should send a resume, a letter explaining their interest in and qualifications for this position, and the names and contact information for three relevant references.
Applications may be submitted via regular mail, fax or email attachment as follows:
Life Foundation/CHOW Project
677 Ala Moana Blvd., Suite 226
Honolulu, Hawaii 96813
Telephone: (808) 521-2437
Fax: (808) 521-1279